Sunday, June 1, 2014

Internship Update: Getting Oriented in DC

Back in January I let you all know about my exciting internship opportunity in South Asia to work with International Justice Mission and their communications team in combatting modern slavery. Time has flown by since then. Many of you supported and are supporting my work with your money and prayers for which I am continually grateful. I hope to continue to connect with you all and share various aspects of my work on this blog. 

The first step to beginning my internship is spending a week of orientation with IJM staff and interns in Washington DC. I will be here in DC for the next week and will try to provide updates as the week progresses. 

My view of Dulles Airport as I wrote this post at 3 AM.

Here I will learn much more about IJM's mission and processes as well as to make personal connections with those who will be joining me in the fight for justice and spreading the gospel of freedom around the world. 


"I hate, I despise your feasts, and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies. Even though you offer me your burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; and the peace offerings of your fattened animals, I will not look upon them. Take away from me the noise of your songs; to the melody of your harps I will not listen. But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream."
- Amos 5:21-24

No comments:

Post a Comment