Monday, August 5, 2013

Welcome. Good times to come.



“Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.”
-- Jesus Christ


Hello all. Welcome to “Under Darkening Skies”. This is my new (and first) blog. I am glad you have found it, and I hope you will have cause to return often. I have long anticipated beginning a blog, but I never found the appropriate motivation to do so until now.

The reasons that I have chosen to begin this blog are really five:

1.    As a challenge to myself to put my ideas and reflections out for the critique of others

2.    As a challenge to develop my ideas and reflections more fully by forcing myself to express them clearly

3.    As a way of blessing all those whom I can influence through it

4.    As a challenge to you to think through these things that I find important more clearly and thoughtfully to see how they might affect your life

5.    As a learning experience whereby I mature in my thought and actions through interaction with you all.

Please feel free to look around. I will also be posting on here quite regularly. You will soon find out (if you do not already know it) that I have a variety of interests, but hopefully the variety will enable us to paint a more complete picture in our thoughts by relating them to each other. These topics will often include, but not be limited to, thoughts on ethics, theology, politics, and current events; book reviews of my favorite reads (or whatever I have most recently finished); reflections on movies and culture; and archives from papers I have written in the past.

Needless to say I am very excited by this new challenge and opportunity. Please leave comments and I will respond when I can. Also, if there is a topic you would like me to reflect on, suggest it, and it may become a post in the future.

Eyeing the storms with delight,

Jacob L Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment