“Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.”
-- Jesus Christ
Hello all. Welcome to “Under Darkening Skies”. This is my new (and first) blog. I am glad you have found it, and I hope you will have cause to return often. I have long anticipated beginning a blog, but I never found the appropriate motivation to do so until now.
The reasons that I have chosen to begin this blog are really five:
1. As a challenge to myself to put my ideas and reflections out for the critique of others
2. As a challenge to develop my ideas and reflections more fully by forcing myself to express them clearly
3. As a way of blessing all those whom I can influence through it
4. As a challenge to you to think through these things that I find important more clearly and thoughtfully to see how they might affect your life
5. As a learning experience whereby I mature in my thought and actions through interaction with you all.
Please feel free to look around. I will also be posting on here quite regularly. You will soon find out (if you do not already know it) that I have a variety of interests, but hopefully the variety will enable us to paint a more complete picture in our thoughts by relating them to each other. These topics will often include, but not be limited to, thoughts on ethics, theology, politics, and current events; book reviews of my favorite reads (or whatever I have most recently finished); reflections on movies and culture; and archives from papers I have written in the past.
Needless to say I am very excited by this new challenge and opportunity. Please leave comments and I will respond when I can. Also, if there is a topic you would like me to reflect on, suggest it, and it may become a post in the future.
Eyeing the storms with delight,
Jacob L Barrett